Monday, May 07, 2007

Tests and Cd's

Okay...so it appears that it has been nearly a month again since my last post...it's not my fault, the time just flies by. So here's an update on what's been happening in the exciting life of Jerthom!!!

a couple of weeks ago I applied for a temporary full time position at work. There were two of us in the running, and on Wednesday last week we were approached by the Manager and asked to write a test for the position. I was asked to do it on Friday (as that worked better with my schedule) and the other girl asked if she could do it on Thursday.

Soooo....Here's what happened....

Thursday I'm at the house called 925. It's a day service that is a little smaller then the big center. So one of my coworkers get's off the phone and turns to me and says

"Susan (my supervisor...the manager was sick) said you have to go do your test in an hour"
I says "WHAT!!! I'm supposed to do it tomorrow...Crap...I haven't studied at all"
"you can go look at the policies and procedures manual right now if you want"
"Okay"

So I procede to study for the next half hour...not much good considering it's like taking a test and the content is a foot thick binder....and studying for a freaking half hour!!!

I bombed the test. No word on who got the job yet though!!!

*Editor's note: I got the job....the manager said I did great on the test. Who knew I still had my college BSing skills...hehe!!!




So this afternoon I took my class 4 road test. It was scheduled for 2:30 so I spent the morning studying the book and making sure that I know how to the pre-trip inspection. Even though I spent hours on it, I still got five demerits on the pre-trip...however you need 7 demerits to fail...booyah...the road test was awesome...the guy was cool, very relaxed and we just chatted about life and that. Not an anal guy at all...I was happy. I passed.



So I get home from the road test, kind of tired cause I've been studying and sort of stressing over the test (for apparantly no reason, it was easy) and I find a package by the door. It's from Christian Marketing Canada. I'm thinking, sweet, my parents bought me something, or someone sent me an early birthday present...a book or something. Open the package and booyah...the complete 8 album set of Jars of Clay. The reason I received this is because a couple of months ago I entered an online contest from Sendthefire.ca, which is the Salvation Army youth site. It was a simple contest. All I had to do was listen to a podcast of an interview with the Jars of Clay lead singer and answer a couple of questions. The prize was a the new CD Good Monsters from Jars of Clay....signed. I thought sweet...I like them, and want their new CD. So turns out the guy who got the signed albums lost them...so the courtesy prize was the entire Jars collection. Works for me.


Anyways, this is my life this last week. Life is busier lately which is good. We have a 23 year old guy staying with us from Switzerland so I have been showing him around a bit, and took him shopping...I will write more about him later...this post already has three stories...and that is my limit.


A shout out to Kathleen as she travels to Costa Rica today...Happy trails my friend!!!

Peace,

Jer

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jer
Good to hear you passed! Congrats! I noticed it still says you are unemployed on your profile. You are employed! Lots of things happening in your life. I'm glad you are busy, I pray for you all the time.
MOM

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on passing both tests Jeremy! I hope you enjoy the new position and enjoy driving with your new license. I've had my class 4 license for 7 years...haven't used it in 6. Anyways, glad to hear you are doing well. Take care!
Christa

9:07 AM  
Blogger Bid said...

Congrats Jer. Thanks for the updates too. It's good to hear how you are doing.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on passing buddy! Test are always scarier in our heads. Well done getting the job by the way......though I don't really know what you do exactly now. So fill me in. P.S. did you get your invite?

talk to you later
James

10:58 PM  
Blogger kathleen marie said...

Hey! Well...thanks for the shout out, my friend. I'm here and I'm happy! Glad to hear that things are going well for you...and that your BSing skills are still strong :)

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home