Thursday, June 21, 2007

Weight Loss-a-thon

Hello my friends...

Everytime I write a new post, I tell myself that I will write at least once a week from now on. It has been more like once a month. So, needless to say, I suck. So here's a recap of my last month and a bit:

-I have been working full time in my temporary full-time position at work. It has been going well, and i have been enjoying it;

-I went camping with my brother, sister, and nephews at Cultus Lake...it was a great weekend;

-At the start of June, two guys from my church and I decided we are going to do a fundraiser linked hand in hand with our need to lose a few pounds. So on May 31st we weighed in, and began receiving pledges from people in the church. They commit to paying a certain amount per pound lost between the three of us in the month of June. The first two weeks I did well, lost about 5 pounds, ate healthy, hit the gym and played a lot of tennis and Softball. This last week, I have still been hitting the gym and playing tennis, however, I have not eaten so healthy...I just love pizza.

-A couple of weeks ago I applied for a permanent position at work...I did not get it, which even though it was, more or less, a matter of seniority (we are unionized), it is still somewhat disheartening as I was anticipating being hired.

-I have been very busy...between work and working out...and some days are just tired...but it's a good tired.

-The Jays just gave up five runs in the 8th to blow a lead...wait...six runs...dang!!!

-Long distance relationships suck. Most of you won't know what I'm talking about, but trust me, it sucks.

-I'm done. I will try and post more. My main problem is coming up with ideas to post. I want to do more than write about myself...but I think tv has friend my brain. I need to stop watching tv, start reading....and writing.

-It took me three tries to get the word verification right!!

Later,

Jer

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jer, keep up the posts, I still check for them! Hope you had a great Birthday yesterday! The big 2 5 !!!Wow, my little bro, 25! Cheers, Terri

5:38 PM  
Blogger Nater said...

Congratulations. It is now six months from Christmas. Happy Birthday my man. I remembered the day before, and then had a crazy week with a funeral and fun stuff. You are now a quarter of a century old.

10:57 AM  
Blogger kathleen marie said...

Hey Jer! Happy Belated Birthday my friend...hope you had a really really good one.

Long distance relationship? I think you owe me an email... :)

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home