Friday, December 07, 2007

A lot of excitement!!!

So this week has been a bit nuts as far as things out of the ordinary...some exciting...some not good at all...but yet unique experiences that have now been experienced...let me explain...

So Sunday was the trip to the states...the family got broke into...nothing was taken...apparantly, however, the next morning the thieves returned and stole some of the goods...while the family was still sleeping...nuts!!!

On Tuesday I was at work, and Tuesday's are day trips day...so me and another staff member and five service recipients usually head to vernon (45 minutes away) or Summerland (About 45 minutes the other way) or something and find an activity to do...This past Tuesday we went to Vernon and were going to go to the science center. I drop the other staff off at the bank to get money, and with no place to park I circle the block. As I pull into the alley to pick her up, guess what Happens?? Just guess....

As an intermission, I recently got a 26" Toshiba LCD TV...not gonna lie...it's great...

So back to the story...I pull over to a no parking zone, but out of the way of other cars...and voila, the radio becomes silent...the lights on the dash begin to fade...the engine stops!!! Wonderful...stuck in vernon, in a busy loading zone with five people with developmental disabilities...hmmm what to do...

So we call the office to get the BCAA numbers, as we did not have a card in the van...call BCAA...go through the touchtone voice only to get a busy signal...do this five or so times...it rings...the lady proceeds to hang up on me...jerk...we try a few more times and get through...

We eat lunch in the van...

Tow truck comes...boosts us...engine dies 10 seconds later...crum!!! His next question, "where do you want it towed??" We call the office...at least we were plus members and they towed it to Kelowna.

We walk 5 blocks to the science center...and we begin just as it begins to rain...another staff brings a big van and picks us up (I got to hold a snake at the science center...a baby anaconda).

Okay...next story...long post...sorry...

Wednesday, I'm at the Salvation Army staff and executive board dinner party (I'm on the board still). The outreach coordinator (The job I used to do) stepped out to go to the church and get the outreach teams set up for the evening...his wife is still at the dinner and it was her babies due date that same day.

So I get a call from the outreach coordinator saying that he had been pinched in between a van and the church and was in emergency...he asked if I could tell his soon to pop wife (is that an insensitive way to put it??) he asks if I could tell her. He also asked if I could go to the church and help out the outreach teams...since I have keys and that still.

So I pull his wife aside...and tell her...she thought I was joking, but once she found out I wasn't, so was obviously quite upset...the associate pastor takes her to the hospital...I go to the church and finish up with the outreach.

After seeing the dent in the van...and the hole in the church wall, he is definately lucky...all that is hurting on him is his one calf muscle and his other foot. He should be in a full body cast. I took a pizza to him yesterday to check up on him and his wife...and to move the tv into the bedroom...he is okay, and so is she....it was crazy though!!!

Anyways...like I said, a lot of excitement...not necessarily good, but definately noteworthy!! Hope all is well...

later

Jer

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, never thought you were gonna post on here again. Decided to check it one last time before giving up and voila! you are back!sounds like life is crazy there, better be careful. nice job on the new tv.
As far as transformers goes, I am curious to find out what you were expecting. I'll tell you this, no matter what your feelings are about that movie nothing compares to how crappy Beowulf was! No cgi could ever save that movie. Anyways, thought I would post on here and hope to see more in the future. Still am curious as to wether or not you are coming to town this holiday. If you do you'll have to come by and play some vids on my 37" toshiba lcd hdtv.....I just had to. So yah, talk to you soon.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home